Friday, January 3, 2014

Life's Little Blessing

As New Years is upon us, one of my many resolutions is to start blogging, again, for the 3rd time. The whole reason I created this blog was so that friends and family at home in Iowa could keep up with our life in Tennessee. Don't ask for the other resolutions; I won't tell you because it is likely that I won't keep them past this week. 

Anyways, my last blog made Ethan and I chuckle because I was SO pregnant. OH MY! I am thankful that since then I have been able to hold my baby boy for 8.5 whole months. That's not true, actually. Ever since he learned how to crawl, he has hated being held. My assumptions were accurate on Lincoln...he keeps up busy and definitely does take over. But we are thankful for that! 

He is crazy. We have nicknamed him "Taz" because he is so busy and doesn't sit still. We have our hands full. He does fine with "strangers," but if they try to pick him up he spins in circles - he just wants down! He goes from talking softly to screaming in .2 seconds. 

He is crawling. He was sort of an early crawler - at five and a half months. I think he will be an early walker, too. He was taking steps already at 8 months. This is why I feel like I was robbed of my snuggle time. Like I mentioned before, since his crawling days it is very rare that I get to snuggle him. He wants to just go! The only time I get to snuggle him is when...

He is hungry. For all of you that say your baby started sleeping through the night at two months old, HOW DID YOU DO IT?! He wakes up about 2-3 times a night to eat still. Thankfully it is only for about 15 minutes at a time - or until his belly is full. He has started showing signs that he is ready to transition to solids, so we have started that. But regardless, he still wakes up. 

He is funny. His favorite game is peek-a-boo. It gets him every time. It doesn't take much to get him to laugh, unless trying to get a picture. He usually doesn't get mad, but when he does... He loves to push his walkers around. When he does he smiles the whole time. 

He has a temper. He hates his carseat, the car (unless sleeping), and being tired or hungry. When I think about it, I don't like the car, being tired, or hungry either... He also is definitely not the best traveler. When he was three months old he went with me to California to see my friend from high school. He loved Cali, but hated the airplane. We also flew home to Iowa over Labor Day and that was not very fun either. Over Christmas, Ethan and I drove home. Thankfully he slept for 4 out of the 14 hours both ways.

But mostly, 

He is loved. He is such a blessing to Ethan and I. I know all mommies and daddies look at their baby and think they have the cutest baby, and yes, we are just as biased with ours. He is SUCH a joy. It breaks my heart thinking about how fast time has gone already. Lincoln is such a gift and I am so thankful for his craziness, his hungry self, his belly laughs, and his temper. I am one lucky mommy. 

Lincoln - newborn


6 months.

Visits from Miller.

Daddy feeding Linc.

Our trip to California to see Mallorie!

No comments:

Post a Comment