Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Then Comes Baby...

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in the baby carriage. I never thought that would be my life, so quickly, but it has become my theme song.

As I think back to August when I found out we were expecting, I never thought it would seem real that I would soon be a mommy, or that the day would ever be here! To this day, it still doesn't seem real, but then I feel that little kick inside of me. Or that little baby hiccup. Or hear that sweet little heartbeat...and it makes my heart race, my eyes bulge, my tummy warm, my smile stretch and my eyes cross all at the same time. I also just look in the mirror and am quickly reminded... Regardless, I experience all sorts of emotions thinking about this little man that is about to take over my life. Boy, oh boy. Life is about to change.... ready or not. 

In a matter of 5 days (or sooner/later!) our baby boy will be here, in full force. Our lives will no longer be about us, but about this little man who will demand our attention and time. We will be faced with many sleepless nights, lots of stinky diapers, the challenge of meeting his every need, and so much more. SO much more... and to be honest it scares the crap out of me. But mostly it overwhelms me with excitement. AH! I'm going to be a mommy!!

I just want this little guy here so I can love on him. And so that I can sleep, tan, walk normally and fit into my normal clothes. And eat Jimmy Johns. But mostly so I can love on him! I think it makes Ethan sad to know that he will be the #2 man in my life... ;)

The most recent pic. I also just want to be skinny again... :)

We will be sure to update you all when he decides to arrive. Just please pray that he is a healthy baby, that he really is a boy, and that he is nice to mommy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment