Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Bitty Timeline

I've put off blogging for almost a year, why not post a new one now? After all, a lot can happen in a year... :) But now the question is...where to begin?


For starters, Ethan and I are married! Since my last post in April, I was stressing about it, so it is funny to go back and relive those thoughts. However stressful the events leading up to the day (and including the day) were, it was worth it. Things didn't go perfectly, I cried because of it ( I told myself not to be a bridzilla)- but, at the end of the day....guess what...I was married to the most perfect guy ever. The day was truly special, and we were beyond thankful for all who helped make the day special. 

Because weddings are so stressful, it's only natural that people go on honeymoons after. I wanted to wait until winter to go, but it was so nice to just relax after all the hype. Ethan and I stayed at a Secrets Resort and Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Here is the link to the resort if you wanted to check it out:
It was beautiful the first few days we were there...and then it seemed like it rained the rest of the time. We figured it was okay since we were fried anyways! Despite the rain, we kept busy swimming with dolphins and exploring the most BEAUTIFUL cave. I thought I would hate the cave, but I went out of my element and tried it. It ended up being one of my favorite parts of our trip. 

 Ethan riding on the dolphin.
 Me getting smooches!
Inside the cave. I forgot why honeymooners take pictures in this particular spot...
Something is heart shaped...? 

Shortly after our honeymoon, I began to prepare for my first big girl job. I was offered a teaching position in the Ames School District. There was a lot to prepare for...leveling books for my classroom library, reading up on Responsive Classroom books and Daily 5 books, finishing up my reading endorsement, etc. The first day of school was creeping closer and closer it seemed like I had more and more to do with every day. Everything worked out and I realized there was never enough time to fully prepare for the first day of school. I just wanted to meet my little friends and start to love them...and boy do I ever. They are so fun, and I have truly been given such a wonderful class for my first year.

And then...

About a week before school started, Ethan had to leave for a business trip to Tennessee. He was going to be gone for about two weeks. I was no big deal this time because I was bombarded with school anyways. This gave me time to focus on my classroom and adjusting to my kiddos. However, we couldn't have chosen a more worse time for him to go to Tennessee as I found out I was expecting our first baby! I tried to hold off finding out, but let's be real, who can wait two weeks for that? I remember calling him about 10:30 that night...waking him up...and sharing the exciting news with him. He was totally thrown off after waking up from a dead sleep. He thought he was dreaming! Let's just say that was the longest two weeks of my life waiting for him to come home from Tennessee. Now we are expecting a baby boy in less than four weeks!! 


In the midst of all this excitement, my mom has been cleared of her cancer, which is the most exciting news of all! After undergoing two bone marrow transplants and many bouts with chemotherapy and the hardships that naturally come with having leukemia, she is in remission. The doctors originally gave her 4-9 months, and she has long exceeded that! She is considered to be in remission for 30 days at a time since her cancer is so aggressive, but it is such a blessing and miracle knowing how far she has come. I am so thankful she will be able to meet her grand baby! It's such good feeling knowing that miracles really do happen...and that God let my mom be one. :)

Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment