Monday, January 2, 2012

Crazy Girl

Hopefully you all enjoyed your holiday season!! Ethan was able to come home for Christmas. We had a wonderful time with our families, and we even made it to church in time to celebrate the real meaning of the season!

I finally became super fiance and made plans to surprise Ethan in Tennessee for New Years Eve. I would leave three days after he left Iowa, so saying goodbye to him wasn't so bad this time. Our friends, Nate and Erika, were going to take a trip to Nashville on December 30-January 5th. Since I didn't have to start student teaching until January 10th, it was perfect! They so kindly thought to ask me to tag along. I was way thankful they remembered me!

Unfortunately, things didn't work out quite like I hoped for.

I got an e-mail saying I needed to start when the students start back up on the 3rd. I was excited to be able to start sooner, but that meant I could no longer go to Tennessee with Nate and Erika since they won't be back until the 5th. I re-read the e-mail probably four times before I actually believed I was reading it. I called Ethan and my mom, trying to not have a break down..but I did. I checked flights. Of course, since it was the holidays a flight out there and back was $600-1,000. Way out of my price range. Mom said there was no way I could spend that much money on a flight, and I agreed with her. But I think she still heard the sadness in my voice. I was so sad. I had to go.

So, I did.

An hour after checking my e-mail I was on my way to Tennessee. I packed very quickly, flew to Jiffy Lube, ran to mom and dads and grabbed some more boxes of "Tennessee Stuff" and was off. Call me crazy.... A 13 hour car ride by myself, spur of the moment, hardly anything packed. I still cried while on half of my drive that night. But relieved because I would still be with Ethan when he moved into his condo and I could be with him to bring in the new year.

I made it safe and sound with no car problems or detours. Most of my time was spent unpacking Ethan's stuff into our new condo. Dan, his friend from high school, is living with him until I move down there. He had just moved there that day as well so we had a big move-in day for everyone. After many hours of unpacking and doing laundry (in our BRAND NEW washer and dryer), we got everything put away and all nestled in. It will be just perfect for the two of us. :)

Our perfect little living room. :) Not much on the walls yet. That's being
saved for wedding pictures!!!

I love this so much :) It plays songs. 

Our bathroom. His and Her sinks. We won't be able to go back to
one sink. We love having two seperate ones way too much now!

My favorite picture in our condo. My little cousin, who happens to be
my Godchild if you couldn't tell. :) Best Christmas gift!

He loves his new recliner!!! Many football games will be watched and many naps
will be taken in this bad boy.

Moving into the condo made me think just how much 2012 will bring. Student teaching, graduating, getting married to my best friend, honeymoon, moving, and hopefully getting a job. It is sure to be an exciting year....Even though I will see Ethan twice during the first six months of it. I just know it will be a good one and hope yours is, too!

Stole this picture from Kelsey :) Happy New Year from Tennessee!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got to come down! Leaving you with the hopes of seeing you in a couple days, and then not, would have been miserable! Thanks so much for help putting everything away and arranging everything with us! 2012 has so much to bring for us, I CANNOT wait!

    Love you,


    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI Ethan already passed out in that chair for at least a hour tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS :) Thanks for sharing your sweet little life with us :)

    ReplyDelete