Tuesday, September 27, 2011

2:30am Wake Up

So last week was SUPER crazy for me. I had a test, 3 page essay, my Praxis 2, work, work, class, class, class, readings, homework.... so on and so on. I never thought the week would end.

Thursday night, I had to resort to telling myself if I got my essay done by 11pm that night, I could buy myself a pair of boots. Ethan also told me that if I accomplished my goal he would get me a special gift as well, too! Needless to say I finished in time. I've never been so motivated! As I was reading through the criteria and double checking to make sure I had met all of the requirements, I realized it wasn't due until Monday. But I was done at least thank goodness!!

That night I went to bed, worried about my test the next day, double worried about my Praxis test. That test determines my teacher licensure. About 2:30 in the morning Ethan decided to sneak in. I literally had no idea he was coming home. He told my roomates and I can't believe they kept it such a secret! He makes me feel pretty special! So that's why God was telling me to do my paper..so I wouldn't have to do it while he was here! Our weekend went by super fast but it was much needed! Thanks honey :)

Back to my Praxis.. some people don't understand what it is. Much like nurses have to take their Boards, I have to take a Praxis. Every state requires one. There are two differnt types nationwide. Iowa only requires you to take one. Tennessee requires both though. I can still get my teaching license and graduate with just one test - just cant teach in Tennessee until my other one is take.

While we're on the subject of teaching..I started practicum today! I am in a 5th grade classroom with a WONDERFUL teacher. I am way excited to get to know the students, teacher, and learn so much. I have to teach a science, reading, and writing lesson. Kind of intimidating but it will help me face my fears of 5th graders I suppose ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment