Sunday, September 11, 2011

Grow. Serve. Be Productive.

I try to stay strong in my faith as much as possible and one way is by being in a connection group. Sharing a common belief with awesome girls. Over the summer, I joined a connection group that really did change me internally. Every week, we would write on index cards how we will grow, serve, and be productive towards God. When we would come back the following week, we would reflect on our week and see if we grew any closer to God, served Him in anyway, or were productive in our faith.

For the whole summer, I had the same thing down for serve. It never changed because I never did it. I knew eventually I would do it and I wasn't going to put anything else until I did the one I already had on there. My little rule applied to all three, but this is the one that never changed. I simply just kept forgetting to do it, thought "oh I'll do it tomorrow," or was unable to do it when I did think of it (due to lack of internet, no contact e-mail, etc.).

I'm going to serve Jesus by getting information about becomming a D6 volunteer.

Summer was coming to an end and my dear friend, now roommate, sent me a text and asked me if I wanted to be a lead teacher for D6 (much like Sunday school). Okay, God, I know I'm horrible..but thanks for having my back. I didn't do it myself so you did it for me. Forgive me?

 HECK YAH!!! So I of course said I would. :)

Well, today was my first day as a lead teacher for the younger threes and it went pretty well! We learned about how God created the world, focusing specifically on the fish and the birds. They made little birds and/or fish to put on their hands. They even thanked God for fish and birds! I plan on teaching every other week with the same age group. I cannot wait! <3

Grow. Serve. Be Productive.

and always Pray.


1 comment:

  1. what a BEAUTIFUL transformation God has and is doing through your GORGEOUS little lady self :) LOVE YOU ASH!!

    ReplyDelete